About Us

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Gimli

The 3 of us spent the majority of the afternoon lying around dozing. It was quite warm and without a/c things get very sticky very fast.

The 3 of us being Me - Candy, hubby - Mike and the red and white Pembroke Welsh Corgi fluff - Gimli.

I was sore from overdoing my workout yesterday morning and was in no mood to do much of anything. Mike had hurt his foot and Gimli was just content to lie around.

Gimli will be 2 in August. He's our first corgi and I take credit in our love for this breed and in finding Gimli.



Well before we were married and well before we bought our house, I knew I wanted a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. I knew I wanted to name him Gimli after the dwarf from The Lord of the Rings trilogy. Gimli has lived up to his name. He's stubborn, talkative and comic relief*. He is everyone's friend and more so if you have any sort of food. He doesn't snuggle, much to my displeasure, but he does enjoy being with you or next to you.

He is purebred, but because of his fluff-ness, which is considered a serious fault, he doesn't qualify for Conformation. Because of this, we are often asked if he's a Sheltie or a miniature Collie or even if he's purebred - this used to bother me at first, but not so much anymore.

I'm just happy to have him around making us laugh at his antics.

*Videos to be uploaded later.

No comments:

Post a Comment