About Us

Sunday, August 22, 2010

2nd or 3rd in command?

In our house, Mike and I share the role of alpha. We and I are on the same page when it comes to disciplining Gimli. We have our rules laid out and we have done well to back each other up and to enforce the rules with Gimli and any other 4 legged friends in our house.

Now that we've been taking care of Gatsby for the past few days, every time I've had to correct him, Gimli has felt the need to chime in to 'reinforce' my correction. For example, when Gatsby put his feet on the screen door, when I corrected, Gimli barked in his direction. When he was going for Gimli's blanket and I corrected, Gimli barked again.

It seems Gimli views himself as a higher rank than Gatsby and is following with the house rules as it were.

Pack animals are strange aren't they?

Complaint-O-Meter: On day 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment