About Us

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Woof!

We finally received our new washer and dryer yesterday. When we moved into this house last Halloween, my Mom gave us her old washer and dryer since she moved into a condo and didn't need it anymore. It was always the intent to get a new front loader washer and dryer pair once the finances were back in order. Finally they arrived yesterday, the washer & dryer, not the finances!!

These are some new fangled gadgets, let me tell you. There seems to be a setting for every. type. of. clothing. There's the standard categories like whites, delicates, colors etc, but then there are these specialty settings that provide options such as, jeans, blankets, sweaters etc. Sheesh, the way this is going, pretty soon I'll be doing a load of 2 sweaters followed by a load of one pair of jeans!

Seriously though, Mike and I hooked them up last night and somehow channeled our Samson strength to push the washing machine into place. This thing weighs a ton, probably due to all the settings, and I have no idea how one of the delivery guys was able to take it off of the truck without much help.

Yesterday, while Mike was connecting the dryer, it was Gimli's feeding time so I had started getting his food ready. Gimli was seated in his usual spot, in front of the island, where he waits for the all clear to go after his food. Mid food prep, I went into the laundry room to see how Mike was coming along. A few minutes later, I heard a 'Woof'. I returned to the kitchen, fully expecting to have to correct Gimli for barking at nothing, when to my surprise, there he was still in his spot, but reminding me he was waiting for his food.

Moral of the story: never mess with a corgi and its food!

Complaint-O-Meter: On day 32.

No comments:

Post a Comment