About Us

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Smitten

I'm pretty sure I'm biased, but I really can't see myself owning another breed for the rest of my life.  I'm pretty much devoted to the Pembroke Welsh Corgi.  I'm not averse to Cardigans, I like them too, but something about the Pembroke spoke to me all those years ago when Mike and I sat watching the Westminster Dog Show and started whittling down our doggie lists based on looks.

Shallow, I know but I needed to have a dog that I loved the look of.  Both corgis made the cut, but the Pemmie always was a step above the Cardi.

There's something about that mischievous 1/2 smiling face that gets me, that slightly leaning body with the tilted head that looks back at me as if to say, "Are you coming???".

The bunny butt as it wiggles when he runs or walks.  That silhouette when Gimli walks with Mike and his wheelchair and he stops to look up at Mike and his topline looks ever so straight.

When he lies on his back and motions to me with his little feet to come play.

The little ears and beady little eyes that peek up from behind the coffee table, reeking of sweetness.

Those ears that hold so much emotion - straight up, straight back, down to the side.


No comments:

Post a Comment