About Us

Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween!

Yes, its now November, but better late than never right?  Besides, I took some pictures of Gimli yesterday that I have to post today.

Even though we like all things horror-ble, we didn't go all out for Halloween this year.  Our only decoration consisted of this skull that a friend made for us.  Skully has been sitting in the window for most of the month and we aren't sure if he's going to stay there forever...



On Saturday we picked up close to 200 pieces of candy to distribute on Halloween night, thinking we were going to receive plenty of children... WRONG! We have about 100 pieces of candy left over!  Ay and I'm supposed to be on a diet.  Oh well, they'll all end up in my belly at some point!

On Sunday, we dressed Gimli in his bandanna, mainly because he doesn't have any costumes and I don't think he would like wearing one.  It takes us about 5 minutes to put the bandanna on him.  This is leftover baggage from the cone of shame he had to wear when he was neutered at 6 months of age.  I think it scarred him for life and its taken quite a bit of working and treats to get him to the point where he'll tolerate the bandanna.  I did contemplate putting a white towel on him and letting him roam around the house or putting his foot blanket on his head so he could grab it from the side and pretend to be 'Phantom puppy', but decided not to.  I will have pictures of the 'Phantom puppy' one of these days cuz its just too cute for words!

So, to make up for the lack of costume, I took a few pictures of Gimli with his Halloween toys and Skully.




When the trick-or-treaters came around, Mike manned the door and Gimli and I sat on the staircase where I could correct him and help him understand that its ok if the doorbell is hit 4 times in a row, we don't need to bark at each one.  I'm not sure how much he understood and how much was for the treats, but one can hope!

The absolute best costume was a toddler wearing a sheep's costume.  I kid you not, had we known this family, we would have asked to have Gimli pose with their child!

Now that Halloween is over, my sights turn to Christmas, and for someone that's not a big fan of what Christmas has become, from somewhere comes this need to put up the tree, get some extras to hide in stockings and bake like there's no tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment