About Us

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Carpe Diem

I first learned about this term in high school, Junior year British Literature.  Incidentally, this was one of my favorite English courses ever!

However, despite learning about it, its not something I practiced.  Well, except when I needed to do something around the house and it built and built up until I couldn't take it anymore and the day was just as good as any.  Although now that I think about it, that's not really Carpe Diem is it?

This past year, (2010), as I've previously mentioned, was one of the best years of my life in a very long time.  It was the year I turned 30 and something switched in my head.  Although I still feel the same as when I was 29, last year there was this feeling in me that wanted to take stock of the past decade.  I think that's part of why I started the No Complaint Experiment and while that continues on, at the latter part of 2010 the Carpe Diem thoughts came back.

I look back and recognize our entire Rammstein experience was based on Carpe Diem.  Yes, we were against odds on both fronts, but at least we took the opportunity to try for the tickets.

Around Christmastime, an email update on a new team went out at work and before I knew what I was doing, I went after it.  Not fully understanding it all, but I asked for more information.  I pored over the information over my Christmas holidays and when I returned to work, I started the process.  It all passed in a blur, but on February 1, I start my new position at work!

Its all very exciting and some days I forget all about it until I'm reminded of it again.  All because I chose to see what else was out there, because I grabbed the opportunity to look for more information.

I feel 2011 will be the year of seizing the day, of trying new things and not wondering what if.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! That's awesome - congrats! What will you be doing now?

    ReplyDelete