About Us

Monday, January 10, 2011

I don't know how to read...

A simple bathroom scale.

My weight has been fluctuating a bit over the past 10 years, going from roughly 110-130 lbs.  At 110, I looked too skinny and unhealthy.  At 130, I had a muffin top and did not like the way I looked in my clothes.

Right now, I have a slight muffin top that jiggles a bit.  I don't like it.  I haven't liked it for quite some time.  Last year I wore a bikini for the first time since I was 6.  I looked fine, just a little too much padding here and there so I resolved to do something about it.

I told myself I would weigh myself and based on that figure, I'd adjust accordingly and try to maintain that figure.

I stepped on the scale and it read 130 lbs.  Ok, I have a bit more work to do, no problem, I can do it!  Months passed to this past weekend.

As part of our things to do in 2011, Mike and I are going to be more active and work on toning etc.

When I stepped on the scale, it went like this:

"Mike, can you tell me the number on that scale?"

"125."

"It is not!"

"It is, look for yourself."

I made Mike mark the spot on the scale and I got down and took a good look.  125.  Blast, I thought I was 5 lbs heavier for a good portion of last year!

Oh well, maybe I'll pick up a digital scale...

No comments:

Post a Comment