About Us

Monday, March 28, 2011

Gimli's antics

Gimli has been a very busy dog of late, he's updated Twitter on my behalf, he went to the Dog Jog and won a dog bed (!!) and went to the Vet and played a diva.

I have a full post planned for the Dog Jog so that will be sometime this week once the pictures are posted to the Dog Jog website.

In the meantime, back to Gimli's antics.

On Friday night, a short time after I posted about having corgi on the brain, Gimli felt the need to post what was on his brain.  He successfully hijacked my Twitter account by capitalizing on my inattentive behavior towards my BlackBerry.

I was lying on the couch with the BlackBerry next to me, while I played Dragon Age 2. He jumped onto the couch next to me and while I was busy blasting Templars and Qunari, Gimli posted the following.  He jumped off the couch quickly and ran off to gloat with that trademark corgi smile.


Clearly Gimli is trying to make his mark on social media and because he's cuter than I, he has a better chance.

This evening, Mike and I took Gimli to the Vet for his heartworm blood test.  The techs took him to the back to draw blood.  About 15-20 minutes later, they asked us to help put the muzzle on him.  They had been unsuccessful in getting the vein as he was undoubtedly baring his teeth like a little monster.  The muzzle probably didn't go on because he probably continued baring his teeth and moved his head around like the girl from The Exorcist.

Mike and I went into the exam room.  Mike took the muzzle, slipped it on Gimli's head and I supplied the cookies.  We left the room and the little monster corgi was returned to us a few minutes later, a bright yellow bandage on his short little foot.

Don't get me wrong, nothing against the Vet team because we think they are great and Gimli loves them, but Gimli is a drama queen.  He knows how to push buttons and what behaviors will get people to back off and he uses it.  He will curl his lip so fast because he knows it will freak out the person and they will give in to him.

One of the techs told me he started acting out when they swabbed his skin with the cotton.

Clearly this is something we need to work on.

1 comment:

  1. Is being a drama queen a corgi trait?? We just took our corgi pup to the vet last week and she was such a little drama queen! The vet asked us if she was "like this at home."

    ReplyDelete