About Us

Friday, September 9, 2011

Word to the Universe

Its that time again folks, that time as Mike and I prepare to board a plane in a couple weeks and my anxiety is running wild.  Combine the recent Russian airplane tragedy and the proximity to Sept. 11 and I'm positively going mad.

Its all I can do to curl up into a ball and rock back and forth in a corner.

The other day, I made a pact with the Universe, it goes something like this:

I will remain mean and nasty and evil so that whole, 'only the good die young', phrase will not apply to me.  In addition, the Universe and I have decided that in light of all the good things that have come into my life of late, I'm going to keep on keepin' on so the Universe can continue to send me good things, like a little sable corgi puppy that I can visit on my birthday weekend in preparation of him/her coming to live with us.

I've taken a stand in my life this year and done things that I want to do and on my terms and all have yielded wonderful outcomes.  Therefore, this will continue and I will continue to do things on my terms, which means getting on a plane to participate in a once in a lifetime opportunity and that's how its going to be.

Fear cuts deeper than swords.”- Syrio Forel.

...

Yes, I mentioned a sable corgi puppy only because Gimli's breeder, hopefully, has a litter on the way with a due date of Oct. 22nd.  The dam is a lovely sable and the sire is Gimli's non-fluff half brother.  We won't know til later if the pregnancy will yield any pups, but we are hopeful.

...

You get a corgi frap if you can tell me where that quote comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment