About Us

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Walt Disney: One Man's Dream

I was only going to do one post today until I realized the date.

December 15th, 2011, 45 years after we lost Walt Disney.

Walt, (can I call him Walt?), holds special significance to me because I was born on his birthday.

I like to think that my love of all things Disney is because I share this with him.  I like to think my stubbornness, my love of innocence, my imagination and yes, my perfectionism and control to get things the way I want it no matter how long it takes are things we share. I also like to think that my brain holds a great deal of Disney trivia because of him, although this is probably up for discussion.

Earlier this year when Mike, Flat Gimli and myself went back to Orlando, we passed through the exhibit in Hollywood Studios - Walt Disney: One Man's Dream.  It goes into detail on Walt's history, ie his early years and his ideas for the parks and so on.

There are a few large pictures of him, which I didn't know til today, (thanks Disney Parks Blog!), was the last picture ever taken of him before he died.


You can almost imagine him reaching down and patting Gimli's head.

No comments:

Post a Comment