About Us

Monday, November 26, 2012

Schloss Waldeck

After our day in Alsfeld, we hopped onto the Autobahn and headed to Schloss Waldeck, (Castle Waldeck).

I must admit, though I knew we were going to stay in a castle for a few nights, it hadn't actually dawned on me that this was where we were going to stay.

Legend has it, Schloss Waldeck is the castle on which the Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs story is based.

We arrived in mid-afternoon and we had to park the bus at the base of the hill because there was no way that bus was going to make it up the narrow, sloping road.  Of course, if the bus couldn't make it up the hill, then we had to trudge up the hill to the narrow entrance to the courtyard.


Mike struggled and we were fortunate enough that one of our fellow travelers helped push him up the hill because there's no way that I was strong enough!

At the top of the hill, we met up with the King of the castle and he allowed us to enter.


We were taken to the rampart where they had a small area for refreshments set up for us.  Then we saw this and my eyes widened.



The body of water below is is Lake Edersee, on which we were scheduled to visit the following day.

We received our room key and headed in to relax and change before dinner.

I'll leave you with some pictures of Schloss Waldeck.




Next in the series is an experience I had that I never expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment