About Us

Thursday, January 31, 2013

End of the month

Will someone please explain to me how it's the end of January already?  I feel like the other day it was New Years Eve!

A great deal has happened this month:
  • My struggle with weight has begun anew. Though this is the third time, so I'm hoping it will be the last time I have to fight with it.  Once I get to where I want to be, it will be a question of maintenance.
  • I'm the sole breadwinner again as Mike was laid off. Sucks, but we keep moving forward.
  • We're on puppy watch again. Gimli's breeder is going to mate her female dog.  Hopefully the mating is successful and we'll have a puppy in the house this year.
  • I went on a vacation that wasn't really a vacation, because I had to deal with family stuff - ie coming to terms with my sick Grandmother and the realization that this was the last time I'll see her.
  • I returned home last Saturday and have been in a crummy mood since then. Am slowly getting better.  I kind of feel like it's the lite version of the stages of grief. I think I've resigned myself to it.  We all know our grandparents will die, but there's always that feeling that it's not going to happen for a long time. This time, I think it's different.
On that note, here's a nice picture for you:

No comments:

Post a Comment