About Us

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

One of those days where I should have stayed in bed



Ever have one of those days?

Today was my day.

It started just as I was eating breakfast.  I had my legs up on the recliner and I stretched, because why wouldn't you stretch to get comfy, and all of a sudden I feel this pop in my back.  Right under my shoulder muscle in the back.  It was so painful I wiggled my toes, legs, arms and fingers just to make sure I wasn't paralyzed.  I somehow managed to get off the chair, but it still hurt.  I was unsure if I'd be able to last the day but the Icy/Hot cream helped.  In the afternoon I had to take some Advil just to be able to round out the last couple hours of the day.

At work, all sorts of things went wrong. Theories I had, didn't pan out and it was just a crummy work day.

This evening making dinner, it took much longer than usual.  I made ground turkey and pasta, a dish I can make from memory and have made countless times. The meat didn't behave like it should, the sauce ended up runny and I ran out of spices.

I couldn't work out as much as I wanted on account of my back.  It's hard to come up from up from the floor with this knot in my back. I could only do the machine portion.

Here's hoping tomorrow goes a bit better.

2 comments: