About Us

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Things to do for 2013 - January update

1. Complete the first two levels of Rosetta Stone - German - I started this last year in anticipation of our trip to Germany. I didn't learn as much as I wanted by the time we left for Germany and I feel disappointed in myself.  I do want to finish all of the classes and this is something I want to accomplish this year.  I have since found online resources to help me with the grammar, which will make it easier for me.  I've always struggled with the grammar portion and hopefully the resources will help.

2. Read 20 books - Last year, I read 9 books, so I was 1 short of my goal. This year I've upped it to 20.
- Completed 2 books:

- The Hobbit - (re-read this one)
- A Storm of Swords - book 3 in the Game of Thrones series

3. Spend less time on the computer in my non-working hours - I'd rather fall asleep with a book in my hand than be sleepy sitting at the computer and unable/unwilling to leave it.  I find I'm always tired and hopefully this will help.

4. Maintain the blog with regular posts - I've come up with a tentative schedule for postings. I do find that every time we return from vacation, the posts slack off and it's a struggle for me to come back.  That's something I need to work on.

5. Brush Gimli's teeth 5 times a week - If I can get a schedule, then it will be easier to maintain.

6. Continue to photograph Gimli and all of his antics.

7. Lose 20 lbs. - Last year, I struggled with this and am struggling with it again as the year begins. I was doing well, then I stopped exercising and all the progress I did was lost.
- Started exercising again, lost about 1/2 an inch.

8. Finish painting our house - We have 2 bathrooms to complete and 3 bedrooms to paint this year.
- 2nd bathroom painting completed.

9. Frame and put up our pictures.

10. Go to The Arboretum at least once a month - weather permitting.

11. Discover local restaurants/bistros etc in my city or in the surrounding areas.

12. Make a snow animal of some kind. - Weather permitting.  We had so little snow last year that I couldn't scrape together enough to make one.  This year, the sticking snow arrived and then promptly disappeared.  I am hopeful, but we'll see if Mother Nature cooperates.

13. Take more pictures of Mike and me.

14. Return to the Church. Something is missing in my life and that might be it.

15. Enjoy our backyard.

16. Surprise someone.

17. Make a pie.

18. Corgi #2 - As mentioned, the last pregnancy was not viable, so we are back to waiting. We are still on the list, so we are hopeful.

19. Put in more flowers/shrubs etc in the yard - The ones we put in last year are doing well and now I want to put in more.

20. Zombie walk.

21. Photography course.

22. Move off of "Medium" on the drums in Rock Band and to "Hard".

23. Start cooking more Trinidad type food.

24. Work on Gimli's recall at the Dog Park.

25. Take Gimli to the play class at Bold Canine.

26. Continue work on Gimli's possessiveness.

27. Complete the Minas Tirith 3D puzzle - Started the puzzle.

28. Go to Woofstock.

29. Scan in our baby pictures.

30. Start putting together our Disney album.

31. Go to Trinidad.
- Went on my own a couple weeks ago, saw my aging Grandparents.  Don't know when next I'll be back.

32.... More to come as the year goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment