About Us

Monday, March 25, 2013

5 things going on - March

I missed out on February's and March is almost over, but here it is.

1. Mike's finally received an answer for his leg issues.  He's been given a regimen of exercises to do so he can regain his mobility and leg strength.

2. Gimli has been a bratty little monster of late. We've returned to square one - no privileges, rules for everything.  It seems we have to do this every few months or so when he forgets who is in charge.

3. I am glad to be home.  I was feeling down before we went on vacation and I feel much better now.

4. Somehow, I got it into my head that March was going to be the month that I posted something every. single. day. There's 6 more days to go and I think I'll be able to do it! Is this sustainable long term? I don't know. This was an unexpected experiment, though it didn't hurt that I had a wealth of pictures and ideas to go along with it.  Is that the secret? Who knows. We'll keep moving forward and see what happens next month.

5. We received some hopeful news this month and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things go smoothly for us. I'll have more news in April.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for asking, but what´s wrong with Mike´s leg? I have been reading your blog for a while now and was always wondering...
    greets from austria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa,
      Thanks for reading! Wow, Austria, we would love to visit one of these years. :)

      Mike has what's called Osteogenesis Imperfecta also known as brittle bones. He's always had the use of a wheelchair outside the home, but last year he damaged the muscle in his thigh. This made it much more difficult for him to walk around. We finally received a diagnosis last week so we now have stretches to do before he can get back to working out and back to his normal mobility.

      Delete