About Us

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Blur

I have a small Canon point and shoot camera.  I've had it for about 4 and a half years.  You'd think I'd have read the manual by now and that I'd know about all the features the camera has to offer.

You'd be wrong.  The most I can do is to adjust for light... and even that is suspect at times.  At least I don't use the"Automatic" setting anymore.

After our trip on the open seas, I regretted that I didn't know all the features on the camera.

Looking at the pictures we took from our trip, you could tell all the ones taken on the rough sea days.  Nearly every one is blurry.  Not, the really bad, hand jarring blurry, but the slight blurriness that you cannot see from the display, but is painfully obvious when viewed on a monitor. I thought I had gotten around it by using the timer and then keeping my hand and body as steady as I could, but alas, I was wrong.

I find myself wondering if it would have done any good had I taken a photography course and knew the mechanics of the camera.  Was there a setting that I should have chosen instead.

I have a feeling that the next time we are on a cruise in rough seas, that I'll be better prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment