About Us

Monday, March 18, 2013

Is that your dog?

As you might expect, we took Flat Gimli with us on our vacation last week.  I haven't processed the pictures yet, I'll get to them later in the week.

Flat Gimli went back to the Disney parks, on a bus, onto a cruise ship and into the Caribbean.  Here are some of his adventures.

On the Disney bus, he fell out of the backpack and we almost lost him.  I was watching though and was able to run back to grab him.

At Epcot, I saved him from a bratty little girl with gooey chocolate fingers.  She was reaching for him and I said, in my most Evil Queen of voices, "Uh uh, don't touch!" The look of shock on her face was priceless.  She gave me a weak smile, but I didn't smile back.  She then scurried away.

At the buffet lunch on embarkation day, he was perched in the backpack with his little head showing. He met a male server who has a German Shepherd dog that's his princess. He met a female server who said he was cute and every time she saw us she asked about him. The children that saw him first stared, then you could see the wonder on their faces.  One even walked around to see if it was a real dog. Sigh, if only.

We ran into a family from Arizona that was obsessed with corgis, but didn't actually have one.

We ran into plenty of people who felt the Flat Gimli idea was an "adorable" one because they all missed their doggies at home. This one lady even has a stuffed animal Pluto that she carries around when she travels.

This one guy asked, "Is that your dog?" Cuz, um, yes I carry around a stock corgi picture.

By the end of the cruise, people started recognizing him. We received quite a few, "hi Gimli" greetings.  They didn't know us, they knew him.

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing the travel pictures of Flat Gimli! :) It almost makes me think of those animal photobomb pictures when he's popping out behind something. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, thanks, I'm glad you like them! It's fun to come up with ways to pose with him. One day I'll get him with all the Disney princesses!

      Delete