About Us

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Sunny

I was born on an island in the Caribbean. For the first 9 years of my life I knew constant warmth from the heat and the sun.  My recesses at school were spent running around in the sun with nary a thought about sunscreen. The only time I received a sunburn, I was a child who spent hours in the sun at the beach.  But, did I bother with sunscreen the next time I went to the beach? Nope.

Fast forward to my adult years when I've heard all the things about how the sun is bad for you and you must always wear sunscreen.  My mindset changes and I'm always looking for shade and avoiding the sun.

While on the cruise, it was interesting to see the sun worshiping dynamic shift as you move from children to adults.

The children are covered in those sunscreen suits or sunscreen itself.

Everyone else is a mixed bag - some are roasting in the sun and others are hanging in the shade.

Older guests are hiding in the shade.

Funny how things can come full circle.

No comments:

Post a Comment