About Us

Monday, March 17, 2014

Expiration Date

I've always believed that expiration dates were in place to enable stores to move product than to actually cause food to spoil... within reason of course. I wouldn't drink milk that's a week old, but but sometimes you can extend the expiration date - ie putting things in the freezer.

A couple weeks ago, I noticed there was a roll of Pillsbury Crescents in the fridge with an expiration date of March 14th. I made a mental note to bake it for breakfast one day, but then promptly forgot all about it.

Fast forward to today at lunch time. I opened the fridge and happened to glance up at the little flap in the door of the fridge to find this:


Somehow the canister exploded, spilling the gooey goodness into the fridge onto some decade old candy canes.

Me, being very adventurous and thinking about that Simpson's episode where Lisa stole Homer's pig and it went flying and Homer lamented:

"It's just a little dirty. It's still good, it's still good!"

I decided to try to salvage the rest of the can.  It didn't turn out too well.

So, my friends, apparently the expiration date on the can must be taken very seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment