About Us

Monday, April 28, 2014

5 things - April edition

Here we are at the end of April already...

1. I know that Spring is coming when a bird tries to build a nest on our porch, on top of the lights. Now, the top of the lights is pointed and it's unsuitable for a nest of any kind. But, the poor dear still tries, as evidenced by the strips of debris that falls to the ground.

In past years, I'd be mildly upset, but because of the nasty Winter and the late Spring, the bird has no place else to go. None of the trees have sprouted buds yet. I don't know what I can do to help her? *sad face*

2. On the subject of sad faces... We are going away on vacation soon and I've started being mopey. I'm sure this is why Merida is more clingy of late.  *sigh* I cannot help it though, I do miss these dogs and their smiling faces when we are away. It's my one weakness.

3. I was in PetSmart this evening and ran into a gentleman who had a Corgi! Now, this never happens. Somehow I managed to strike up a conversation with him. This is his third corgi and she's now retired from the show ring. I showed him Gimli and Merida and he was quite surprised that we lived in the same city as Pemmies are not as popular as other breeds - Pugs, Doodles etc.

He did try to get us roped into a pyramid scheme though... hrmph, bad form.

This is what Gimli thinks of pyramid schemes.



All in all, it was nice to see another corgi.

4. We have slowly started training for our mini-marathons. We have a way to go still, but we found a place close by that's only being used by people walking their dogs, running/walking or biking. It's not yet overrun with everyone and their grandmother, so we're going to go there a couple times a week.

5. Juicing is going well. Five times a week, we have a juice for breakfast and then a smaller glass with dinner. Still no major changes - ie my skin is the same, hair is the same etc. I did lose a pound though, so there's that. I do feel that my brain is more awake and I have more energy than usual. It's a different energy - ie I'm not keen to jump out of bed each morning and do 50 jumping jacks, but my brain is awake and not as foggy as it used to be. I am not yearning for that cup of coffee to wake up and that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment