About Us

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Running - September '14

I realized I hadn't done a running update in a while, so here goes.

I kinda kicked the Couch to 5k app to the curb because it wasn't bring me up to the 5k distance fast enough. Instead, I've been run/walking 5ks for the past couple weeks. I can do the full distance in about 42 minutes, which is a combination of running and walking for me. I'm at the point now where I am running a full kilometer before I have to slow to a walk. I'm hopeful that my time continues to decrease and my stamina increases.

My next goal is to continue with this pace as I strive for the full 10k.  I admit, this scares me a little because it's double the distance and I don't know if I can do it. Some days, I am full of motivation and I tell myself that I can do it. Other days, I mope around and say that I cannot.

My shin splints are frustrating, but I've been stretching twice a day and that definitely seems to help. The one thing that get's me though, sleep. I'm not getting enough and that's made it difficult to run in the mornings. I can feel a difference when I run after I've had a good night sleep vs a crummy night's sleep.

My legs and butt have changed. My cellulite on my thighs has lessened, something that I thought would never happen. My stomach is a little flatter, my muffin top is shrinking, for which I am grateful... you have no idea! I haven't tried on clothes yet, I'm too paranoid that I won't see a difference and that will send me off to find the biggest piece of chocolate ever invented.

I do think I'll need to get this shirt though for our January run. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment