About Us

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

I have to stop

I came across a pin the other day: "Slow progress is better than no progress." Sometimes you need a little reminder.

I've always been hard on myself - in everything. I've been calling myself a recovering perfectionist for years, though sometimes that perfect person rears her little head and messes with my brain.

I've been arguing with myself that I'm not further along. I thought I'd be fully running a 5k by now, not running/walking it. I thought I'd have lost more weight and more inches.

But then, I shut out the stupid voice in my head and I realize that every time I step into these sneakers, and run, it's more than I've ever been able to do, ever.



And, every time I go for a run, it's for longer and faster. I can run with Merida and she tires out before I do.

I'm still at the same weight, but my thigh cellulite is gone. My thighs don't rub together as much as they did before I started running. My calves are a little thicker, which means my boots have a tough time zipping up. My butt is better looking, not quite "buns of steel", but better looking than it used to be. My muffin top has deflated a bit more, but not quite gone.

I have a way to go still to be able to handle a 10k. Right now I'm at 6.5k - running/walking. Little by little, I'll get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment