About Us

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Bacon-ny Goodness

It should come as no surprise to you that I love bacon. If I could eat it at every meal, I would.

It should also come as no surprise that I have a good friend, Salar Madadi of MeatVentures, who makes his own bacon. Yes, that's right, he makes his own bacon. That and he won this year's Canadian National Bacon Championship, so he knows what he's talking about!

He makes all sorts of dishes with said bacon - like Tocino sliders, and a Bacon Fatty, which is bacon wrapped around meatloaf. Both of these are excellent, but the best thing he makes is a bacon creme brulee. I kid you not, all sorts of goodness - a nice slice of bacon in it, creamy goodness in the middle and bacon bits at the bottom.

I begrudgingly share it with Mike. Even Gimli gets in on the action.

He got some because it was his birthday.

He is competing today in Las Vegas at the World Food Championships and we wish him well!

Don't forget to check out his Food Truck IndieGoGo campaign too!

No comments:

Post a Comment