About Us

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Running - May

I haven't done a running update in a while, so here goes.

1. I've lost 2 lbs and an inch so far. I'm losing weight slower than I'd like, but I'm warming up to the idea that it's slowly coming off.

2. I'm down to the last few weeks of the 5k training. I'm up to a 4k in the training, but I'm not yet at the point where I am able to run for the entirety. I'm getting there, though. I run the same route each time and I can tell that I get further along before I feel like I need to walk. This is good, albeit unexpected - if that make sense.

3. My speed is starting to increase. I range anywhere between 8-9 minutes a kilometer. For the majority of my training, I've always been anywhere from 9-11 minutes a kilometer. Will I get down to 6 minutes a kilometer? Who knows. We'll see, but I'm glad the speed training has started to work.

4. It takes me about 35 minutes or so to do 4k - in the run/walk combination. When I did the 5k in January, it took me about 37 minutes. I'm calling a fluke on that race and I'm using my 5k times from last year as a guide.

My first time goal is 40 minutes. Then, we'll progress from there.

5. I have a 5k planned for the end of June and I hope to be able to run it all. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment