About Us

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Gratitude - Week 4

Here's my listing for this week:

  • 4 day weekends
    • This past weekend was a 4 day weekend for me. It was nice - I got my wings craving in, we saw Deadpool, (highly recommended), I napped, played with the corgis, and just rested my mind.
  • the indoor track
    • This past weekend was -20something C. That's not just cold, it's frigid!
    • We went to the indoor track early Saturday morning and we were greeted by about a dozen other runners.
    • It was nice, there was no running around people, no confusion, no people stopping in the middle of the fast lane. It's amazing how smoothly things go when everyone is on the same page.
  • diet change ups
    • I've recently finished reading Racing Weight 2nd edition by Matt Fitzgerald. In it, he outlines a bit of the science and nutrition behind fueling your body for exercise.
    • I must admit, I don't know much about nutrition and I always thought that eating too much carbs was bad for you. However in his book he talks about finding the right balance for you, which includes carbs and protein.
    • Over the past few weeks I've increased my carb intake over breakfast and lunch and slowly been increasing my protein. The result? I've lost about 2 pounds.
    • How? By adding the foods that make me fuller, I've eliminated the need to snack between meals and that has resulted in a net loss.
    • I'm nowhere near where I need to be, but I'm glad that I've finally found a resource that dispenses the 'why' and 'how this ingredient works' instead of 'go eat this and don't eat that'.
    • I haven't started calculating my DQS yet or found my ideal racing weight, but I'm pleased with this initial set of results.
  • awesome family doctors
    • Who will fax over a prescription refill to the pharmacy for you.
  • signed up for my first half marathon
    • I'm going to be busy and sore for the majority of the year.
    • Now, what will I wear :)

No comments:

Post a Comment